Emily Weiss is an American entrepreneur and blogger. She is presently the CEO of Glossier and enjoys a cult following thanks to her blog, Into The Gloss. She discovered her passion for fashion at an early age and transformed it into a profitable career choice over the years. she began her journey as a fashion blogger and achieved remarkable heights in the years that followed. Emily was featured by ‘Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2015’ and Time Magazine’s ‘Next 100’ list.
Emily Weiss Biography
|Alumni||New York University|
Emily Weiss Early Life
- Emily was raised in Wilton Connecticut and at an early age, she was introduced to fashion. When she was 10 years old, she attended a Conservative public middle school.
Emily Weiss Education
- In high school, Emily interned at Ralph Lauren for two summers as a fashion model.
- She moved to New York City to pursue her career in fashion.
- Emily was a student at New York University where she graduated in Studio art in 2007.
Emily Weiss Career
- When Emily was at NYU, she interned at Teen Vogue where she worked as an assistant in different areas including the wardrobe department.
- She also worked with W Magazine, and eventually became an assistant to Elissa Santisi, style director at American Vogue.
- Later, Emily became a freelance stylist and freelanced for two and half years.
- In 2010, she started a blog named Into the Gloss, which later gained the limelight and turned into an online portal with the latest information on fashion around the globe.
- In 2014, Emily launched her cosmetics company ‘Glossier’ which later expanded into Europe.
- By 2016, her website had garnered 1. 3 million unique visitors.
Emily Weiss Achievements
- Emily was featured by ‘Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2015’,
- She secured her position and Time Magazine’s ‘Next 100’ list.
Emily Weiss Personal Life
- Emily is engaged to Will Gaybrick, a senior executive at Stripe.
Suggested Read: New Zealand’s Wonder Woman – Jacinda Ardern’s Biography