Raj Kundra was brought up in London.He left school at 18 years old and in 2004 was positioned by SUCCESS magazine as the 198th most extravagant British Asian. Starting at 2009, Kundra was Chief Executive Officer of Essential General Trading LLC, which was portrayed in an official statement as being “a Dubai-based universal exchanging organization managing in valuable metals, development, mining and green sustainable power source ventures”. He was additionally around then associated with the financing and generation of Bollywood motion pictures.
|Nationality||London, United Kingdom|
|Alma Mater||12th Standard|
|Net Worth||$400 Million|
|Born||9 Sept 1975|
|Birth Place||London, United Kingdom|
|Physical Stats and More|
|Height||in Centimeters – 178 cm
in Meters – 1.78 m
in Feet inches – 5′ 10″
|Weight||in Kilogram – 78 Kg
in Pounds – 172 lbs
|Body Measurements||Chest : 42 Inches
Waist : 34 Inches
Biceps : 12 Inches
|Family and Personal Details|
|Family||Father – Bal Krishan Kundra
Mother – Usha Rani Kundra
Brother – NA
Sister – NA
|Wife||Kavita Kundra (Divorced)
Shilpa Shetty (2009 – Present)
|Children||Daughter – Deleena, Samisha
Son – Viaan
|Favorite Food||Chicken Curry|
|Favorite Actor||Sylvester Stallone, Hrithik Roshan, Ranveer Singh and Farhan Akthar|
|Favorite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
Viaan Industries Limited is a Public incorporated on 19 October 1982. It is classified as Non-govt company and is registered at Registrar of Companies, Mumbai. Directors of Viaan Industries Limited are Mahinderkumar Wadhwa Dayanand, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Ripu Sudan Kundra, Satyendra Mohanlal Sarupria, Nandanadan Mishra, Darshit Indravadan Shah.
|Name||Viaan Industries Ltd|
Some lesser Known facts about Raj Kundra:
- Raj Kundra is a British-Indian businessman, named among the most extravagant British Asians by Success, a British magazine, in 2004.
- Kundra started his career in the 1990s by importing Pashmina shawls from Nepal by the container loads, and supplying them across all major fashion houses in London.
- He expanded his business in Russia, Ukraine, Antwerp and UAE by venturing into various arenas such as mining, real estate, hospitality, and renewable energy, through strategic investments.
- He rose to fame in India due to his whirlwind romance and subsequent marriage with Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty. The couple has two children – son Viaan, and daughter Samisha.
- Along with his wife, Raj Kundra founded Viaan Industries, named after their son. The company aims at driving a lifestyle change in the masses through technology offerings, and has a strong and growing presence across several sectors such as entertainment, gaming, licensing and animation.
- Raj Kundra is a sports enthusiast. He, along with his wife, has been the co-owner of IPL team Rajasthan Royals.
- He is often accredited with transforming Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) in India.
- Along with Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt, Raj Kundra launched India’s first professional MMA fighting league – the Super Fight League – in 2012.
- He has also served as the Chairman of the All India Mixed Martial Arts Association (AIMMAA), and worked towards developing the sport the grassroots level in India.
- Raj Kundra is also an active social worker. He works for his wife’s charitable organization – the Shilpa Shetty Foundation.
- He has also started a green initiative named ‘Verified Carbon Zero’, which aims at reducing the global carbon footprint year by year.
- Raj Kundra and his wife Shilpa Shetty received ‘Champions of Change Award 2019’ from former President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, at a special felicitation ceremony in New Delhi.
Read more biographies and success stories of business leaders, celebrities, healthcare professionals etc. at Leader Biography.